For your prayers
For the World:
Give thanks as the first planeload of Australians stranded overseas because of COVID-19 arrive in Darwin on a government-chartered flight, and pray for the more than 30,000 Australians stranded across the world waiting for the
opportunity to return home; for the Spanish people as the government considers a return to curfew amidst an ‘out of control’ second wave, and for people across Europe, the US, Brazil and other countries as COVID cases top 40 million and continue to grow rapidly; for the people of Yemen enduring civil war, famine and locust plagues as well as COVID; give thanks for the
relatively low and declining case-load across Africa which has defied predictions.
For the Church:
In the world-wide Anglican Communion, we pray for the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby; Diocese of Chelmsford, England, bishop, clergy and people. In our partner Diocese of Eldoret, for Legebet High School, clergy and people.
In Australia we pray for Archbishop Geoffrey Smith, Primate and Archbishop of Adelaide.
In our Province we pray for Paraburdoo and Tom Price, clergy and people; Carey Park, clergy and people.
In our Diocese for Archbishop Kay Goldsworthy; Bishop Jeremy James and Bishop Kate Wilmot; Parish of Murdoch-Winthrop; Parish of Narembeen; Parish of Nedlands, Tony Drayton and people.
● Wednesdays, 10am, St Mary’s; Midweek Eucharist service.
● Thursdays, 10am, All Saints; Meditation.
● Saturday 5pm ‘Sundowner’ Eucharist at All Saints. No Saturday service next week due to All Saints day on Sunday 1
November. Don’t forget the new start time of 6pm from Saturday 7 November !
As numbers attending this service have been dwindling, Fr Evan is reviewing whether it is still required. He would welcome feedback before the end of the month.
● Sunday 7:30am Eucharist at All Saints.
● Sunday 10am Eucharist at St Mary's. No Sunday service at St Mary’s next week due to All Saints Day.
● Busy Bee at St Mary’s, next Saturday 31 October, 9am.
● All Saints Day Sunday 1 November- a combined service will be held at All Saints to celebrate our Patronal Festival next Sunday at 9am. This service will be held outdoors, so there is no need to register and no restriction on the numbers who may attend. No Saturday service at All Saints or Sunday service at St Mary’s this week . A White elephant stall (Christmas items only) and craft table will also be set up on the day.
● The final Churchsafe workshop date for the year is 14 November. If you are due for a Churchsafe refresher or need to attend an introductory session further details are available on the Diocese web page and you may also register online or by phoning 9325 7455.
St Mary’s and Minchin Centre Busy Bee: Saturday 31st October, 9am. Everyone welcome even if you can't do much, come for a coffee and a chat.
Help Wanted: Christmas is fast approaching and we will once again be performing our annual Children's Nativity. We have previously had a wonderful volunteer make up robes for Mary, Joseph and our Shepherds. Thank you again! This year's focus is our Angels and we are looking for a person or group that would like to bring our Angels to life. Material is available
to create the Angel costumes, some have already been started. Please contact Sharon Zuiddam for more details.
Quarterly Finance Summary: The six-month finance summary (May-Oct) will be made available on Sun 8 Nov. This will reflect the government's COVID-related JobKeeper subsidy which finished from 30 September as the Diocese was not able to meet the revised conditions for the program extension.
Your Parish needs you (and yours)! Swan Parish Autumn Fete – Saturday 17 April 2021:
Please consider volunteering your time and/or resources to next year’s fete! Many have already indicated their willingness to do so which is grand! Volunteer sign-up sheets are now available after each service for people to indicate which area they can contribute (and there’s even space for any areas we may have missed!). Grab a pen and sign-up today! PS - a Friendly Fete Facilitator will be in touch with you in mid-November to discuss next steps.